Unless you are an Australian citizen, you will need a valid Australian visa to enter the country. New Zealand passport holders can apply for a visa upon arrival in the country. All other passport holders, regardless of age, must apply for a visa before leaving home. You can apply for a range of Australian visa types, including tourist visas and working holiday visas, at your nearest Australian Embassy or Consulate.
The Visitor visa allows you to visit Australia, either for tourism or business purposes. It is open to all nationalities. Generally, a period of stay of up to three months is granted, but up to 12 months may be granted in certain circumstances. Applicants will have to pay a fee to submit their application.
With this visa you can:
- visit family or friends
- be here as a tourist, for a cruise, or for purposes other than business or medical treatment
- intend to come to Australia to visit only
- have enough money for your stay in Australia
- not work in Australia
- you must be outside Australia when you apply and when we decide your visa
GTE EXPERTS will help you:
- Understand the requirements
- Gather needed documents
- Write a statement on your behalf if you have a language barrier
- Guide you on current immigration laws, regulations, and policies